Several years ago my wife and I were in New York City and we got tickets to the David Letterman show.
If you have ever seen the show, then you know that Dave does a top 10 list. It is always funny and sometimes helpful. My top 10 isn’t funny but I think it will be very helpful in the area of relieving stress.
Here is my top 10 list for relieving stress:
1. Maintain regular devotional times.
2. Manage your time efficiently.
3. Anticipate those engagements that will put you under stress and relax ahead of time.
4. Conserve your energy for essential tasks.
5. Regularly take time off to relax or give yourself a change of activity. (keeps perspective straight)
6. Always plan a period of rest to follow a period of high activity.
7. Slow down – God needs stillness and time to work in our hearts.
8. Learn to sleep properly.
9. Get some exercise. Take a walk.
10. Trust your creator – God who loves you. Relinquish control.
I hope this list is helpful to you. Please leave a comment and tell me what helps you or what I am missing on my list…