In a survey by a research group, it showed the top four problems among people today:
1. Financial (49% of people)
2. Job related
3. Personal relationships
4. Personal health or tragedy
Almost half of the people surveyed said they are facing financial difficulty.
Giving has gone down dramatically in churches over the last several years.
Giving to the Lord through His church unfortunately did not make the most important list. These bad financial times have shown us what we are really made of and what part God really plays in our finances.Tough times show us what we’re made of and are we going to trust God or in ourselves.
Let’s get back to old fashioned trust and obedience. The hymn writer said it this way, “trust and obey, for there’s no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.”
Are you trusting God with your treasures? Is God big enough to take care of you?
On December 7th, we are asking God to move on people’s hearts to give the largest one time gift they have ever given to our Kingdom Come offering.
This year our goal is $60,000 plus our regular budget giving. Here is how the money will be used:
- Starting new campuses in Paulding County and in other states
- Hiring more staff
- Upgrading our equipment (specifically in Children’s Dept.)
- Be involved in ministries including building a Training Center in Uganda, putting computers in schools in El Salvador and partnering with more church plants in the U.S.
Don’t miss out on an opportunity to make a difference through your giving! Be faithful and be generous! God IS big enough!